This project was a result of another quick Spike I did for a personal project surrounding a highly concurrent product with lots of dedicated long-running threads. This is a simple demonstration of the Erlang Continuation Pattern in .NET.
Implementing this is pretty easy... Here is a quick walk-through:
1. Download the source code (SmellyContinuation.zip (17.33 kb)) and compile the solution
2. In the consuming application, add a reference to "Smelser.Continuation.dll"
3. Import the namespace into the consuming class file
Create Continuable Tasks and Start Continuation
4. This is a simple matter of implementing either of the "IContinuableTask" or "IOneTimeTask" interfaces. There are a few samples in the download package to get you started
5. Create an instance of the Task Scheduler and schedule each task
var tasksToSchedule = new IContinuableTask
var scheduler = new TaskScheduler();
6. Start the scheduler to initiate continuation processes